Ranking high organically on Google is crucial for online stores looking to increase traffic, conversion rates, and revenue. This provides several advantages for your online store.
Firstly, it leads to increased visibility and brand awareness, attracting more traffic and potential customers. Secondly, it contributes to higher trust and authority among users, as they often consider websites at the top of search results more credible and reliable.
Eivind Nessen Tangen works in the Growth department at Maksimer. He is responsible for the analysis team and is an expert in search engine optimization.
Eivind explains that his team works in two areas. One is with paid advertising, Google Ads, and social media advertising. The other part involves analysis, working on pages, search engine optimization, conversion optimization, and tailoring solutions to the audience businesses want to target.
– Overall, we help online stores create growth and sales, he says. And this is regardless of whether customers use Maksimer’s own e-commerce solutions.
– We provide customers with a whole team of people to help them increase visibility and revenue online. They don’t need to have our WooCommerce or Litium solutions already.
Eivind gives his best tips here on how your online store can rank high organically on Google.
1. Keywords and SEO Optimization
The first step to rank high organically on Google is to conduct keyword research and optimize your website for search terms. Choose keywords that are relevant to your online store and products. Ensure you include keywords in title tags, meta-descriptions, headings, image captions, and the website’s content. This will help Google index your site correctly and increase visibility in search results.
– A common mistake is choosing general keywords with high volume, says Eivind. He recommends disregarding volume and instead choosing specific and concrete keywords related to what you sell.
– There’s no point in getting a lot of traffic if customers can’t find what they’re looking for, he explains.
He provides an example:
The word “fireplace” has a monthly search volume of 14,800. If you use keywords like “fireplace with see-through,” the competition is lower, and you reach 140 people who are actually looking for a see-through fireplace.
– “Fireplace with see-through” represents a search where the user knows what they want and is likely in a buying mindset, he says.
– The first search probably only hits a fraction of those who are actually looking to order a fireplace.
2. Mobile Friendliness and User-Friendliness
A user-friendly and mobile-friendly online store are crucial for ranking high on Google. Over half of all searches are performed on mobile devices, so it’s essential to have a website that works well on both computers and mobile devices.
– The user experience begins with the structure of the online store. It must be logical, intuitive, and built as a hierarchy based on which pages of the online store are most important to highlight, says Eivind.
– Your website must be designed responsively, use easy-to-read fonts, and have clear navigation menus. This will enhance the user experience and increase the chances of visitors becoming customers.
3. Loading and Response Time
– Compress videos and images; that’s the clear recommendation from the expert. Visual elements in large formats negatively impact page loading speed.
Google also provides a free tool, PageSpeed Insights, that can help identify performance issues and suggest solutions.
4. Quality Content and Updates
Google values online stores that offer quality content and regular updates. Ensure you write engaging and informative content about your products and related topics. Use a blog to share news, guides, and tips with your customers. Regularly update your website to show Google that you are active and relevant. This will help improve your ranking in search results.
Another thing that can negatively impact organic searches is broken links and broken images.
– Focus on technical factors. Have routines to go through broken links, expired products, 404 pages, and expired images, says Eivind.
5. Social Signals and Link Building
Social signals and link building are crucial factors for ranking high on Google. Create profiles on popular social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and share content from your online store to increase engagement and traffic to the site. Active participation on social media will also give Google signals that your online store is relevant and worth ranking high.
– Focus on getting high-quality and relevant links to your online store from authoritative websites. Guest posting, collaborating with bloggers and influencers, and participating in industry-related forums are some ways to build strong links, says Eivind.
– Google views links as a vote of confidence, so a good link profile will improve your organic ranking.
Our Growth Team Helps You Rank High in Google Searches
Maksimer understands that it can be challenging for online store owners to keep up with the continuous changes in search engine optimization and organic ranking. Therefore, Maksimer has its own growth team that helps its customers rank high in Google searches.
Maksimer’s Growth Team has expertise in SEO, keyword research, technical optimization, content strategy, and link building. We will work closely with you to develop a customized strategy that helps your online store achieve higher organic rankings, increased traffic, and consequently, greater revenue.